COCHITUATE STATE PARK
by A. Richard Miller
visits since 090818; last
The Cochituate State Park Advisory Committee meets monthly,
normally on the second Wednesday evening of the month at Cochituate
State Park headquarters.
Adopted March 16th, 1993:
mission of the CSPAC is to help and to advise the Division of Forest
and Parks to manage CSP in its role to provide universal access
recreation, interpretation, and visitor public services to all public
groups through policies and programs consistent with the mission of DEM
and Division of Forest and Parks.
Responsibilities of CSPAC:
1. Act on specific problems or programs presented to CSPAC by the Park and Division managers.
2. Inform Park and Division managers of perceived or potential problems.
3. Hold public meetings in conjunction with the Division as need requires.
4. Establish task oriented subcommittees as needed and encourage involvement of others.
5. Serve as a program council to oversee and to coordinate the actions of the subcommittees.
Operation of the CSPAC:
1. Review and set broad goals for CSPAC, both short and long term.
2. Make committee meetings a source of positive reinforcement of task-oriented subcommittee activities.
3. Review, share and coordinate activities of each subcommittee.
4. Provide membership opportunities of individuals who represent user and friend groups that develop over time.
5. Be available to attend an emergency meeting on call of either the Regional Director, Park Supervisor or CSPAC Chairman.